Monday, November 24, 2014

Squirrel Hill has a new, low cost (sliding scale) - medical and dental clinic.

                          Copyright@L.Hadley 2015

      When I am in Chicago and need some dental work done - my dentist there - is one of the few ones who lets me pay my bill - "spread out" into monthly installments.
     Pittsburgh's Squirrel Hill - has a clinic called "Squirrel Hill Health Center" - located at 4516 Browns Hill Road - Pittsburgh - 15217 - which operates on a "sliding scale" principle. The idea is not new - since one of the most excellent hospitals in the country - Chicago's - Cook County Hospital - has been doing that for the last hundred years. It makes a lot of sense to charge the patients for the services - according to their earnings. This concept makes the dental care - available to more people who might - otherwise - ignore to take care of their dental or medical problems while they are still manageable. When - stubbornly neglected - abscessed teeth - start "acting up" - they - not only seriously threaten the health of the "owner" of such teeth but frequently - those foolish oversights lead to tons of expensive, hospital procedures for which the taxpayers end up "paying through the nose".
    I started the badly needed treatments of my teeth (before "things get out of control" - mind you) - with the dental staff at Squirrel Hill Health Center - so to wit - I am almost half way done. So far - so good - in every possible way.
   Stay tuned totally breathlessly - for my updates on the "continuation" and "conclusion" as well as more details regarding the various - up to date - treatments.
   

1 comment:

  1. I just loved the idea of sliding scale dental treatments. This way everyone can get best dental treatment. You know my family dentist Torrance is also working on this way of charging fees from his patients.

    ReplyDelete